Sunday, July 29, 2012

News Break

I realized yesterday that it has been a long time since I've posted. I have several post topics half-written in my head, it's just been difficult to have free slots to actually commit pixels to screen. As an interim measure, here's a list of some of the topics I'll be posting on soon:
  • The passing of Marion Cunningham, James Beard protege and author of the 1980's revision of one of my favorite basic American cookbooks, The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
  • The JC100 celebration, which is organized by Alfred Knopf to commemorate the 100th birthday of Julia Child, coming up in August. (I've already mentioned this in the post about quiche.)
  • Tomato jam. (Yes, you read that correctly ...)
  • Homemade ginger ale.
  • Homemade fudgesicles. Oh yes, oh yum.
 In addition, here's a list of what has gotten in the way of posting this last month:
  • The shingles. On my face. Very painful, and 2 months after experiencing the first symptoms, still giving me some trouble, although visually barely noticible.
  • The medication for the shingles, which makes me lethargic and even groggy & sleepy sometimes.
  • Ending my job of 8 years and starting a new one in a completely different type of organization.
  • The record heat. OK, not really a reason for not blogging, but it doesn't help with the lethargy.
  • The Olympics, OMG the Olympics are on how can I not just spend every hour avidly watching TV???
So, stay tuned; I'm booked up this week but I hope to put up a new post next weekend! Which will it be, which will it be? Don't let the suspense get to you! *grin*

No comments: